I'm starting to think I'm going to have to wait until I buy a new car.

Let me back up. I'd like to hear some suggestions from you fine folks for car/phone integration. I know there are still plenty of people here with empegs still in their vehicles, and that's great, but if anyone has shifted towards using their phone more, I'd love to know what you've done.

Personally, I've been using my phone to play podcasts for the past few years. I drive around from place to place all day, often spending an average of 1-3 hours in the car. Podcasts have kept me sane, but using my phone in the car is not pleasant.

I have a 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited. It's absolutely a fantastic vehicle, and I'm so thankful for it. It was inherited - a gift from my father - and replaced a 2000 Honda Odyssey with about 110K miles on it.

The one complaint I have about the vehicle is that even by 2008, the in-car technology was sub-par. I have hands-free bluetooth calling, an AUX-in, and that's it. No A2DP. To make it worse, the hands-free apparently has very bad quality for the people I call. About every fourth person I talk to complains about my audio.

Entertainment-wise, I've had my phone connected with the AUX-in jack, and I have to pick my phone up, unlock it, bring up the podcast app if it's not open, and pause/fast forward when I want to. This is less than desirable when driving.

What I'm looking for is a way to get my phone talking to my car with ease, and some way to control it. I've tried some solutions and I can get into that, but what do you folks do in your own cars?