Okay, here's what I think might be the problem with my car. It's got Bluetooth already, but no A2DP. This works great for making phone calls. The car has steering-wheel controls, built-in microphone, etc.

Now, if I got the Dension contraption with its own Bluetooth, I'd want that for the A2DP only. I'd still want calls to be routed through the Bluetooth that's already built into my car. Can a phone be actively communicating with two separate Bluetooth base stations for different profiles?

The fallback position is to buy the non-Bluetooth variant of the Dension box, and that means a mess of routing the audio cable to wherever I want to use the phone. Do I route it to the glovebox, to the bottom of the center stack, or to the top of the dashboard where I might use the phone as a GPS nav system? Uggh. Bluetooth A2DP would clearly be preferable.

I guess what I'd *really* want would be some sort of official Audi Bluetooth dongle that does the right thing, but I fear that no such thing exists. My car is one of the last made before they redid everything for the new MMI business, so I suspect a newer Audi head unit wouldn't be compatible with my car.