I've been watching the liveblog from Verge. So far...

- Nexus 7 tablet, 1280x800 screen, front-facing camera (but not back-facing). WiFi. GPS. $199 or $249 depending on storage.

- Nexus Q home theater doodad. It's somewhat like an AppleTV, in that it can drive video and audio, with your phone/tablet as the UI. It also has a two-channel amp to drive speakers. Costs $299. The built-in amp is an intriguing feature, though. You can pair this with some bookshelf speakers and get a fairly discrete solution. They also play NFC games to let me visit your house and pair with your system without having to muck about with all the security settings.

- Android 4.1. Lots of new stuff here. The high points seem to be a ton of engineering to get a higher frame rate and buttery-smooth animation. They also seriously souped up the notification system, rolled out a predictive keyboard (similar to SwiftKey), along with offline voice recognition, and a fancy Siri competitor. They also added a location-prediction gizmo that will sort out that you're about to head to work and might say that your meeting got canceled and you've got time for your usual gym visit.

- Google+ got fancier and more integrated with other Google things. In particular, they're trying to kill Evite, with integration into Google Calendar. They even have "party mode" so all the pictures taken by anybody at an event gets dumped into the same online gallery.

- They're talking about Glasses now. Looks swank, but I still don't see myself walking around with a video-camera thing on my head, and I'd be hesitant to have a real conversation with somebody wearing one. Some things just don't want to be recorded. On the other hand, there's something to be said for having that sort of cyborg integration of the Internet without having to futz with your phone.

And... for $1500, U.S.-based devs who attended Google I/O can buy an initial prototype. Every attendee gets goodie bag with a Galaxy Nexus (GSM/HSPA edition), a Nexus 7 tablet, and the Nexus Q home theater thingie.