Originally Posted By: tfabris
- It gets stuck and confused among the forest of chair legs in the dining room, breakfast nook, and kitchen bar. Meaning, that, in order to run it, those surfaces have to be cleaned off and the chairs flipped up onto them, like we were a restaurant or something.

- It gets stuck on certain kinds of clutter such as the straps to a backpack or the strings from the venetian blinds on the french doors that go to our back porch (the strings reach the floor when the blinds are fully open).

To be fair, those are things that will trip up a traditional human/vacuum combo. I hate having to move each chair out, vacuum, back in, repeat. It's a pain. I kind of wish you could tell the robot vacuums to just skip an area.

I had an old school Roomba and also a Scooba. I freaking LOVED the Scooba, but it was such a PITA to clean. I felt like I spent more time/effort cleaning that thing than I would have mopping the floor. But I find it interesting that there aren't any mopping robots like it these days. There are plenty that will wipe the floor with a wet rag or swiffer pad, but it's not the same thing as always using clean water/soap to wash the floor.

The main reason I gave up on both devices, though, was battery problems. I was constantly having trouble with battery life. Maybe they've fixed that now, but I'm not willing to spend the exorbitant prices of these things and get burned again.