Originally Posted By: tfabris
There are also versions of that adapter which work for the other side of the technology fence: https://9to5mac.com/2021/09/20/carplay-to-wireless-carplay-adapter/

I'm unclear why such adapters are needed, or how they work. My car (Accord 2017) has wifi but, I am pretty sure I still need the USB cable to use Apple Car Play. Why doesn't it have that feature in its current existing WiFi? (Answering self: Because auto manufacturers are slow and they didn't add wireless CarPlay until 2021)

We bought a Kia Telluride this year and the salesman didn't realize that it didn't have wireless carplay because some Kia lines do and some don't. It actually drives me completely nuts because the wireless charging pad in the little compartment is exactly the width of my 12 Pro Max, so it fits like a glove...but I can't put it there. Instead I have to plug it in and leave it dangling in a cup holder or sticking out of that compartment. I've almost broken the charging port a couple times because I accidentally moved the shifter into it. It's terrible design.

I have several issues with carplay in general and how it gets married with the manufacturer's controls but that's another issue entirely.