Originally Posted By: tfabris
Played around with one of these today (CarLinkIt), and it's more or less working as expected. Kind of impressive: You connect via Bluetooth first, and it uses that connection to auto-set-up everything else, including the wifi connection to the adapter. After the final connection is made via wifi, it drops the bluetooth connection.

Though I have a couple of minor issues, I think the issues are due to my car's headunit firmware being a bit buggy, and not the adapter itself. To be certain, I will need to experiment with switching it between wired carplay and the adapter a few times.

I've been using that for the past couple months and I love it. I do have to wait a little longer for things to connect, there's a failure to connect about 5% of the time, and steering wheel controls that used to be instant are now delayed, but I am so happy with not having to have a USB cable running all over my console and figuring out where to put my phone. Now I can put my phone on the wireless charger and it looks so clean.