It's a toggle.

I think he was referring to how when you fast forward, in the middle-speed and highest-speed modes when you go back to play, the player backs up about two minutes from where you left off the fast forwarding. This is (as you know) because at 60x fast forward speed nobody has reflexes fast enough to actually stop the player right where they want to start watching.

The index advance only seems to work in Fast Forward mode. In play mode advance works as it always did before -- toggles you either to the end of the recording or back to the beginning.

I *love* the idea of the :30 advance, though. So with that toggled on, I can still go into FF mode and then index-advance to the end of the recording? Or in REW mode index back to the beginning? Too cool!

Have you noticed the new addition they have put in the "To Do List" functionality? There is now a Recording History selection that lets you see why things you thought were going to record didn't record, and better yet, why things you think are going to record in the future aren't going to record.

I think TiVo has its user interface together better than just about any consumer electronic device I have ever seen.

tanstaafl.