The Sopranos, like any other "piece" of art, you will either get or will not get. Or perhaps care or not care. But one of the big reasons is also timing. Looking at the other offerings on the tube it is easy to see how a production of that calibre comes to the top.

Now if you want to look at what not to do with a TV show, just take a look at a current episode of the X Files. No chemistry, bad scripting, weak and convoluted plot lines, etc... Some people were just to obsessed to see that even its satirical spin-ff, Lone Gunmen, was a far better production during its run (Fox has a knack for killing shows).

Compare that to a couple of great current TV shows: Ed (on NBC) and That's Life on CBS. I guess I'm in a thing for "simple" programming recently. The touch of humor doesn't hurt either.

Back to products, how many times have they mentioned "Playstation" in the Sopranos?

And Tony, do you know for a fact the Billy Bass thing was a paid placement in the above? I didn't care much about it, because I'd never spend a dime on such a rediculous and completely tacky product. I suppose some people might feel compelled to buy one just for the Sopranos-sentimentality. Oh well, hope those people are few and far between. Just as few and far between as the dimwits complaining about the show stereotyping Italians.

If you want to speak about stereotyping and product placement, speak to George Lucas. Anyone watching and listening to Episode 1 will get an eye and earful - JarJar is the least of your worries. "The Force" .... "Mountain Dew". See? See? :) Ok, stretching it here.

Maybe we should hook Tony Soprano up with a truck load of empegs for next season...

Bruno

typos and other glaring mistakes left in for people actually paying attention to my post. :)