And what did the original GT40 look like? A muscle car. Certainly a more streamlines muscle car than many others, but when I think LeMans, I think of stuff with a body style closer to the Porsche 917 of the early 70's.

The new Viper seems to be a nice improvement from what I've read. Maybe too much big-blockiness though. 8.3L engine. I much prefer more sophisticated wolves in sheep's clothing cars, like the last generation RX-7.

Chrysler has the best looking new cars of any of the big 3. Then Ford. GM is dead last. It has no hope with any current models. The Vette has been tired since the 70's - the last redo was just a styling rip-off from cars like the NSX and RX-7.

The state of cars this year is still puzzling me. I mentioned the new Camry in another thread (borrowing again from the same lame tail light configuration as so many other cars (neon, etc..) Now Toyota have gone and released a Honda Civic under the name "Corolla S." Watching the commercials makes me think they took a weekend, applied a little fibre to a Civic along with a few badges and filmed their commercial.

The hottest selling SUV, as far as I know right now, is probably the Acura MDX. Wonder what will happen once the Honda Pilot is on the street. My favourite SUV body styles are the BMW X5, Jeep Cherokee and Nissan XTerra. Three different price points. Probably all the same level of reliability, which is rather funny. If we weren't talking about SUVs, I'd guess the Nissan would probably have the best resale when factored on percentage. Now what ever happened to that Porsche SUV that was supposed to be around the corner? Personally, I thought their 959 was SUV enough. If you'd consider it both sport and utility kicking everyone else's ass.

Bruno