I got them fine, but on my two systems the best two screens in Ambient light in order are the Darkstorm Lt. Blue and then the Rio Green. In Direct Sun only the Darkstorm Smoke and Lt. Blue are remotely readable.

I wonder if maybe your monitor's brightness is lower than mine. I can actually read text on the Rio green, Rio blue, and Smoke, in direct and ambient sunluight. True, it's not jumping out at you, but it's there. If your monitor doesn't show a lot of detail in dark areas (and I have seen monitors which have this problem), then the direct-sun pictures of the Rio Blue and Rio Green might indeed look completely black.

Part of the problem is natural variation between image exposures, monitor and video card gamma, and moment-to-moment and day-to-day differences in the lighting conditions. This is very hard to control, and it took a few days of grueling work to get the images even as they are. I'm sorry, but it's the best I could do. It's not perfectly accurate, but it gives you the basic idea.

Something else to keep in mind is that the lighting conditions are a sliding scale, and I have only photographed three extreme points along that scale. I can't possibly capture the entire range of possibility in the photos.