Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#112417 - 21/08/2002 18:44 Installing beta13 and hijack - need config file
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I'm finally getting around to upgrading. I never had the serial cable with me and was far too lazy to go buy one

I have the Pioneer CD-SR80 steering wheel remote, and will need to program my player to use it, but I'm a little intimidated by the hijack irtranslate information. How easy is this? Does anyone have some files they've made that I can use for now?

#112418 - 21/08/2002 20:08 Re: Installing beta13 and hijack - need config file [Re: Dignan]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I appologize. I was using the instructions on the hijack site, and didn't see the example file in the FAQ

But I have to ask something. How well does the remote work for all of you who have it? I'm just fooling around with it at the moment, and getting pretty poor response. The long button presses seem to not work at all. I can't put the player in standby or cycle between info/visuals. I'm a little dissapointed.

Where do the ir signals transmit from the remote, by the way?

#112419 - 21/08/2002 20:12 Re: Installing beta13 and hijack - need config fil [Re: Dignan]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
You might want to investigate the ``null'' pseudo-button-press. It's on the Hijack FAQ, too. I seem to remember hearing that it helps with some of the remotes' long presses.

#112420 - 22/08/2002 04:04 Re: Installing beta13 and hijack - need config file [Re: Dignan]
snoopstah
enthusiast

Loc: Squamish, BC
I had a right pain getting long button presses to work, at least when I wanted it do something unusual. For instance, I can't control the volume through my empeg, only through my external HU, so I wanted the make the Volume Down on the SR80 perform the hush function (long hold of pause). For some reason, this would only work at the bottom of the config file (below the other irtranslate bits).

Also, I wanted to be able to search using the remote. As I wasn't using the volume up button, I had this enable search mode, and shift the buttons so that I could use the front buttons to search with. Took me ages to figure at that the shifted definitions have to go before the standard definitions.

Having said that, keys with a standard function for short press and long press work fine - i.e. I have the bottom of the four diamond buttons act as the bottom of the buttons on the empeg fascia. This will bring up the menu with a short press, and switch between text and visual with a long press, without having to do anything special.

Also, the IR signal comes out from the bottom of the device.

Hope this helps,

A.
Empeg Mk2a 128G with amber lit buttons kit - #30102490

PhotoVancouver | Squamish, BC Webcam | Personal Website