Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#12779 - 03/08/2000 03:32 BBC article
Geoff
enthusiast

Loc: Northern Ireland
I found this article on the BBC News website about portable MP3 players.

I know it specifically refers to the walkman-style portable players, but to me it looks like a fair bit of free advertising for Creative.

With all the Napster/MP3 hype in the press, maybe now would be a good time to try to get the Beeb to provide a bit of coverage on the Empeg ("UK start-up corners in-car MP3 market" perhaps?) If they think 150 CDs in one unit is good, let them see a 36GB empeg

At the very least, surely the BBC should have the address of the empeg website to put in as an 'internet link' on MP3 stories?

A few comments might go some way to convincing them...

Geoff
---- -------
Got one of the first Mark 2 empegs...
Mk2 Red - was 12GB, now 60GB

#12780 - 03/08/2000 05:48 Re: BBC article [Re: Geoff]
Geoff
enthusiast

I sent an email to the BBC News suggestions page describing the empeg and suggesting they have a look at it.

Reading my original message, I think now that it might look as if I'm suggesting somehow drafting in the BBC to help advertise the empeg. This was not my intention, but the quote in the article about the HanGo being the player with the largest hard drive got me a bit steamed up, I regret to say

I still think the empeg is as deserving of coverage as the Creative Jukebox, in fact, I think it is more deserving, for several reasons, not least of which is that it is a British product, and a British news website should be interested in that aspect at least.

Maybe the last thing Rob needs right now is the BBC hounding him when he's trying to get players out through the door... oops Hope I don't get blamed if there are any delays!

Geoff
---- -------

#12781 - 03/08/2000 14:37 Re: BBC article [Re: Geoff]
ShadowMan
addict

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
I won't get mad at you pal... after all mine is at customs in Toronto.

Funny though how it has gone about 2000kms past me and now has to come back... on Purolator which ships to my community through Canada Post. Kind of a far cry from TNT. But I won't hold that against the guys@empeg either... it's my fault for living out here in the boondocks.

#170... I got my order invite and I have ordered my 12 gig blue!!! YAAAAHHHHOOOOOOO

#12782 - 03/08/2000 14:49 Re: BBC article [Re: ShadowMan]
Geoff
enthusiast

Newfoundland, eh?
A cousin of mine lives in the boondocks at the other side of Canada from you... little place called Burns Lake in BC. Was over there last September and this April, and will go back again just as soon as next year's annual leave allowance kicks in

Things are going to get really interesting with the Mk2s shipping in numbers now - Just today I was looking at some of the first posts made here over a year ago, and was surprised that most of the people posting then are still here today, many of them still waiting! I have no idea how you guys have been so patient, I thought the 10 or 11 month wait before I got my Mk1 was unbearable, and I have it almost a year now!!

Geoff
---- -------

#12783 - 03/08/2000 18:00 Re: BBC article [Re: Geoff]
ShadowMan
addict

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
Trust me... my boondocks are probably a little more boondocky than your cousins.

My reg number is 170 and I almost purchased last year but I didn't have the cash and I hate being in the hole. So I managed to save for the Mark II and I am 65 dollars short... have no fear though. That didn't exactly stop me from ordering this time around.

The worst thing now is that the closest place with more then 5000 people is about a 2 hour drive away. TNT is sending my empeg to me VIA Purolator which is another courier... now they don't exactly come my way either so it will be coming to me via the postal service... eventually finding its way to my Post Office where I can pick it up.

I registered on this BBS last September and I don't think I've missed too many posts.

On top of all that I have been more anxious over the last 2 months then I have been about anything else before in my life.

It is good to see all the familiar nicks though... most of us are in this for the long run and I hope a lot comes out of the beast of a machine!

Good Night all!

#170... I got my order invite and I have ordered my 12 gig blue!!! YAAAAHHHHOOOOOOO