Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#214503 - 26/04/2004 13:10 freakin Evilbay
siberia37
old hand

Loc: Tacoma,WA
Another Ebay rant:
I should've have known better to begin with it but never ever send anything to someone on Ebay without a delivery confirmation of some kind. I've done this twice (i.e. no delivery confirmation) through the USPS and both times the bidders have complained they did not get the item. Both times I mentioned I would file a lost mail request (which is BS because I would've had to wait a month to do it) to get it resolved. Both times the item turned around and "showed up" basically the next day. I'm sure what these people were trying to do is get the item for free by saying it never arrived- assuming I would give a refund rather than risk bad feedback. Can't anyone be honest these days! I'm ready to give up Ebay for good if someone will suggest a good alternative to selling fairly obscure items (i.e. next I'm selling a laptop car adaptor compatible with early Compaq laptops).

#214504 - 26/04/2004 13:15 Re: freakin Evilbay [Re: siberia37]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Either that, or ship through FedEx Ground or UPS. This way, you get a tracking number by default and can verify if the package arrived. I have never had any success with the USPS's tracking numbers - they never update.

#214505 - 26/04/2004 14:09 Re: freakin Evilbay [Re: siberia37]
ninti
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles
Twice I have sent a message to people I am buying something from on Ebay mentioning that I was worried because the package hadn't shown up yet. Both times it came within two days after I sent the email. *shrugs*

#214506 - 26/04/2004 14:12 Re: freakin Evilbay [Re: pgrzelak]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I have never had any success with the USPS's tracking numbers - they never update.
So true. I've tried it twice, and both times the page was updated two or three days after the package arrived. And even then, all it tells you is when and where it shipped and when and where it was delivered. FedEx will give you every step of the trip, and pretty much on time. They seem to be pretty cheap these days, too.

#214507 - 26/04/2004 20:39 Re: freakin Evilbay [Re: Dignan]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
So true. I've tried it twice, and both times the page was updated two or three days after the package arrived. And even then, all it tells you is when and where it shipped and when and where it was delivered.

So, what more do you need? All you're looking for is an indication that the package was indeed delivered. What do you care that it passed through Chicago at 4:17 pm the previous day?

tanstaafl.

#214508 - 26/04/2004 22:47 Re: freakin Evilbay [Re: tanstaafl.]
ctcsoft
stranger

"Delivery Confirmation" is NOT a tracking number.

It only shows when the package was delivered. Thats all you really need proof of.

Delivery Confirmation is FREE and there is no excuse for not using it though. You open yourself up to lots of trouble by not using it.

FREE DC LINK

http://www.usps.com/cgi-bin/api/shipping_label.htm

#214509 - 27/04/2004 09:01 Re: freakin Evilbay [Re: tanstaafl.]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
IIRC, it doesn't even tell you that it shipped until after it's been delivered. Not exactly helpful when you're wondering if the person that sent it is trying to screw you or not. Then again, he could have just as easily sent a box of bricks.

#214510 - 27/04/2004 09:37 Re: freakin Evilbay [Re: tanstaafl.]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
So, what more do you need?
Very frequently the in-between information I get with FedEx has told me that my package will arrive on a different date then that which was given to me by the sender. Back when I wasn't working, this would tell me whether or not I needed to stay home that day to await the FedEx guy.

I guess I'm talking more about larger packages that they don't leave at your home. In this case you sometimes need to know when it's getting delivered.