Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#219972 - 07/05/2001 10:37 select by Artist THEN Album
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
I REALLY need an option for being able to select the music by Artist, then by album by the selected artist. I quite often don't recall the names of specific albums (i have way too much music), but if it were to come up on a list i'd instantly be able to pick it out. As it stands you only have the option of selecting music either by the artist name (in which you get a huge playlist of all of the songs on all of their albums), or by album (in which case you just get a huge list of albums by ALL artists on the server, which gets quite long). Quite a few of my friends have tried to select music on my Reciever and have had the same problem, they know what band they want to hear, but they want a list of their albums after they select the artist to be able to choose which one rather than play all of the given artists music and skip tracks to find the album.

||| loren |||

#219973 - 08/05/2001 07:43 Re: select by Artist THEN Album [Re: loren]
ReverendPoppy

Funny you should mention that loren. That's exactly why I stopped by here this morning. To post the same wish. I'd definitely like to be able to drill down from artist to album. Even if we did know the names of all our albums, figuring out which "Greatest Hits" is the one we want to listen to is a major pain.

Here's my workaround for now:

After ripping (in MusicMatch) I rename the album from "Images & Words" to "Dream Theater - Images & Words".

#219974 - 08/05/2001 07:44 Re: select by Artist THEN Album [Re: loren]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
This feature is in the pipeline. No ETA yet, though.

#219975 - 08/05/2001 11:56 Re: select by Artist THEN Album [Re: Roger]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Sweet. That's my main problem with the unit all told, so it's good to hear it's gonna be addressed. Thanks for the info!

||| loren |||

#219976 - 08/05/2001 13:52 Re: select by Artist THEN Album [Re: Roger]
ReverendPoppy

That is very good to know. Thanks Roger.

Now I'll hope and pray that MusicMatch will follow suit, so I can re-name my albums.

#219977 - 26/05/2001 04:21 Re: select by Artist THEN Album [Re: ReverendPoppy]
vince
stranger

Loc: UK
Well I've been using my DDAR for a week now and have got really miffed at not been able to select albums by artist then by album title (which is how I have them stored on disk). This is a major failing of the DDAR as I can't remember all the album names and the listing by album name does not help me remember also when you find the album it don't play the tracks in order.

So I thought why not create a play list for each with it's name in the format of "Artist - Album Title.m3u" and with the tracks in the correct order but with 650ish folders this is going to take a long time! Well I could write a Perl script to do this but have not got time, so search the web for a program is the best option. After a hours searching I find Playboyster ( http://welcome.to/toytools ) which fits the bill perfectly and I now have 650 play lists with the names in the format above and tracks in the original order. These play lists now make the DDAR a dream to use.

Vince, UK (DDAR x 3)