Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#23056 - 27/11/2000 21:22 case?
rockstar
enthusiast

does that hard case that i saw in the video come with the empeg, or is it a purchasable addon?

i looked , couldn't seem to find the info on exactly waht comes "in the box"

thanks, sorry for yet another newbie question.

#23057 - 27/11/2000 21:28 Re: case? [Re: rockstar]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The hard case in the video was a special Pelican case that Chip ordered from a third-party company. The case is "configurable" to carry various sorts of electronic equipment, and happens to be a good size for the Empeg. It is not sold by Empeg and isn't related to the Empeg in any way.

Empeg sells a very nice soft case that is much smaller and easier to carry into restaurants. Not as tough as the Pelican case, and won't protect the Empeg if you drop it, but it certainly has satisfied my needs for the several months I've owned the Empeg. I even wrote a review of it in the "reviews" section of the BBS here, check it out.

#23058 - 15/01/2001 13:33 Re: case? [Re: rockstar]
CHiP
enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey, USA
It's been a while since I’ve been here. I'm happy that people are at least watching my video. ;-)

As far as the case, it was the only way I felt conformable storing the empeg. I think it was about $60 or so for the case at a local camera store. you can get them at any Local Camera Store. The case I used Is the 1400 Case. I even have a baby 1150 model case for my digital camera (and microdrive). The hard shell case for me is the best way to go. I like the empeg case, but it seems that the time it takes for me to try and squeeze the empeg in the case (its a bit tight) I can just pop it in my hard shell case, and have room for the remote and any wires I need. I like the hard shell mainly because of the protection. Even though something is in a "case" people still toss the case around, weather its in a friend's car, restaurant, or wherever, I always feel safer with the hard shell vs the soft case. The last time I drove to FL from NJ, I got good use from my case. My buddy packed the car so full of crap, that the soft case would have allowed more damage to the empeg when I got squashed, and kicked around while we drove. But the hard shell kept it protected, even when my buddy was pushing his TV into his hatchback, that was pushing on his computer, which was pushing on my empeg case. The empeg was snug as a bug.

Also, I have the USB Cables with me if I’m ever at a friend's house and want to "borrow" some of his/her mp3s. :)

-CHiP

#23059 - 16/01/2001 04:27 Re: case? [Re: CHiP]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
The last time I drove to FL from NJ, I got good use from my case.

Just one question springs to mind -- why was your empeg in its case? One 12v car power lead, and one of those discman-to-car-stereo adapter thingies that pretends to be a cassette, and you could have had empeg music even in someone else's car...

Peter

#23060 - 16/01/2001 09:38 Re: case? [Re: peter]
CHiP
enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Well, that's exactly what i did... i had a tape adapter and 12volt plug. But you had to see the way the car was packed! When the empeg was not on my lap, it was in the case. there was no other room for it. (my buddy was moving to FL) It was awesome having it with me.

-CHiP