Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#248399 - 03/02/2005 10:10 Best way to set up new XP install?
DBALKUNJR

I think my external HD has given up the ghost. If that is the case I am going to take my boot drive out of my PC and replace the dead one. Then I plan on buying a new larger HD for my PC. When I go to install frsh version of Windows XP, what is the best way to set the system up in terms of partitions, location of all programs(I.E. - on a different partition than XP or even my secondary slave drive?) I am really looking to minimize the headache if I ever have to reinstall windows on this drive. I already keep all my data on the slave. Any other set up tips or links that could facilitate would be mucho appreciated.

MK2 12Gb
MK2a 60Gb

#248400 - 03/02/2005 10:22 Re: Best way to set up new XP install? [Re: DBALKUNJR]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I am really looking to minimize the headache if I ever have to reinstall windows on this drive.

Install everything. Then use Ghost (or similar) to make an image of the disk. It's the only way it's not gonna be a headache to reinstall in future. There are other ways, but they're all false economies.