Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#249859 - 17/02/2005 19:17 Stuck In Cleavland
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Not that anyone needs to know or care, but American Airlines just canceled my flight, made me wait in line for an hour, shuttled me over to United who told me to go away and that I wasn't their problem, stood in line again for American where they rebooked me for tomorrow morning and stuck me in a hotel overnight with only my laptop, wireless access, and pay-per-view to entertain myself.

I have to say, American was in complete disarray about the whole thing. I had no idea what was going on and they only had two people servicing the plane full of people who's flights were cancelled. I did ask for a free First Class upgrade (which they granted for the second half of the trip, from Dallas to San Antonio- such a long flight!), but I'm still pretty frustrated by the whole thing, as you can no doubt tell. I'm not sure any other carrier would have done much better, but you'd think they'd have a plan for what to do when a flight is canceled.

I suppose it's nice to have a break in this killer pace I've been on since landing for a business trip, but I'd rather be spending the break with my wife!

Soooooo, anyone want to start a theological/political debate?

Just kidding, actually. I don't have it in me I'm so wiped out!

#249860 - 17/02/2005 19:36 Re: Stuck In Cleavland [Re: JeffS]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
If this'll run on your laptop + wireless, it could keep you busy for a bit:

http://www.ageoftime.com/blockland/