Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#262475 - 09/08/2005 16:27 Snakeoil and such...
ShadowMan
addict

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
I have a few friends trying to make a pyramid marketing thing work out (not a scheme, there is a product after all).

Anyways the latest thing they are trying to push is http://www.mannapages.com/sharethegift/fod.asp?fodnumber=1025

Does anyone know of a similar product that I can show them. "Wellness water" kind of makes me wonder... especially since I can get filtered water from my tap for free. They are convinced that the water has been chemically modified and absorbs into the human body faster. We had a good debate the other night (morning) when another friend who has no time for anything like this and knows a bit about chemistry tried to get the facts from the believers while debunking everything they said.

Also, if you have an opinion on mannatechs products I would love to hear it. They have been at it for years and are pushing it big time... though they are only making ends meet

Even if you don't have anything to say about this stuff, check out the link... it opens the product pdf and shows the prices!

#262476 - 09/08/2005 16:55 Re: Snakeoil and such... [Re: ShadowMan]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Here are some similar products:
Link
Link
Link

Manatech opinions:
Link
Link

#262477 - 09/08/2005 17:06 Re: Snakeoil and such... [Re: ShadowMan]
SteveH
new poster

Loc: Manchester, UK
Just do a Google for "Kabbalah water". You'll find plenty of people claiming for and against the healing powers of water.

The Kabbalah people sell their water in a spray which you apply to whichever part of your body is hurting. Interestingly enough, the disclaimer from the official Kabbalah Store reads:
The producer and distributor of this water do not claim any specific physical benefits which might be achieved by using it. Persons suffering physical ailments are urged to consult with their physicians.

The sceptic in me would say that even they aren't that convinced about its powers.

Having looked at the pdf it seems to me that a water bottle with an integrated filter is good idea. Could be useful when hiking for example, to take river water and make it safe to drink. However whether I'd call it "Wellness Enhanced" is another matter.

Cheers,
Steve

#262478 - 09/08/2005 17:23 Re: Snakeoil and such... [Re: ShadowMan]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
There are filter-in-a-bottle water filters that reputable companies sell, examples here and here. The prices differ strictly due to the technology used and to how many microns the filter is rated for (can it filter guardia, etc). Neither of these products claim to use anything other than science, though.