Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#262874 - 17/08/2005 12:56 FS Mk2a 30Gb **With Optical and Coaxial Digital Ouput**
DBALKUNJR

Well, it has finally come to pass. I have find a new home for one of my players. I am getting married and all the money I can save the better. I will still have two players left so this is not as bad as it could have been if I only had one

The player has only seen sparing use in my home office.
It has a Eutronix Digital Output board installed in it. But this is not your normal Digital Output. Not only does it have Coax and Optical output jacks, but Stu Evans from Eutronix hooked the coax digital output to the microphone input for me. This has allowed me to make a very easy modification the Docking sled wire harness to have the player output a Digital signal to my trunk where it is then converted back to analog.(Note this is not the docking sled that comes with the unit as I still have one player with digital out that I use.)
The player comes with a brand new sled that was never installed. You would need to just solder a coax digital female connector on the mic input line. I used the optical output in my home office and it works great.

I am also going to allow the buyer to choose the color of his/her choice for the display Red, Orange, Blue, or Green As I have quite a few extra lens kits.

The player comes with the USB Cable, Serial Cable, Power supply for indoor use, a new docking sled(never installed), display lens color of choice, and all original box and packaging.

It is a Mk2a S/n 10101980

Asking $400 firm.

I also have an original Empeg/Rio Tuner that I would be willing to part with(for a price) if it would make the deal.

MK2 12Gb
MK2a 60Gb

#262875 - 27/08/2005 10:04 Re: FS Mk2a 30Gb **With Optical and Coaxial Digital Ouput** [Re: DBALKUNJR]
DBALKUNJR

Shameless Bump.

MK2 12Gb
MK2a 60Gb

#262876 - 29/08/2005 03:50 Re: FS Mk2a 30Gb **With Optical and Coaxial Digital Ouput** [Re: DBALKUNJR]
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I'm really interested, but only if i can find digital car amps that will accept the s/pdif output. a previous online study i did on the subject revealed nothing on the technology, except for class-d and class-t subwoofer amplifiers. any suggestions to make my decision easier?

#262877 - 29/08/2005 04:22 Re: FS Mk2a 30Gb **With Optical and Coaxial Digital Ouput** [Re: image]
crazymelki
enthusiast

Loc: Switzerland
hi,

I did solve the optical connection problem with this DSP in my car.

Keep in mind, that the Empeg Tuner is not working over the optical port....