Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#285305 - 10/08/2006 03:28 WTB: a player or some subset thereof
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA
My player was recently fried by lightning. It's possible to have one of the empeg wizards here repair it, or at least get it working without ethernet. But, before I decide whether or not to do that, I want to explore the replacement option as well (especially because that might be easier from an insurance perspective).

So, I'm looking for a mkIIa ideally, one in which the main board is in good working order. Everything else is really optional. I'd like the idea of having some spare parts around, but if all you have is a working motherboard, that's fine. If you have a player with no drives, that's fine, too. If you have a player with a busted display board, that's also fine. It would be nice if any replacement player I bought had an intact lens, a functioning damage-free handle, and a rotary encoder that's not skipping since those are the problem areas on my current player. But, like I said, almost anything's game at this point.

PM me here or email me at aaron@infocreations.com if you have anything at all to offer me.

Thanks!

#285306 - 10/08/2006 12:23 Re: WTB: a player or some subset thereof [Re: adavidw]
Ladmo
addict

Loc: Oklahoma
Email sent.

#285307 - 11/09/2006 04:53 Re: WTB: a player or some subset thereof [Re: adavidw]
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA
Bump.

Anyone else?