Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#289957 - 19/11/2006 22:48 Got a Mk 2a for sale
ZoltanPepper
new poster

Well, circumstances have forced me to part with my Mk2a which has seen me through many a mile over the past several years. I've bought a new car and it doesn't really suit having a single-DIN unit so I've had to go down the dreaded iPod route instead. I know I'm going to miss my Empeg but I'd rather see it used than gather dust in my cupboard. Problem is I don't know what to sell it for so any help would be appreciated.

I bought it from a dealer in the states as it was one of the last batch that were bought up and shipped out before production ceased. I have the unit itself and the cradle which is in good shape but without having a good rake about in my cupboards and maybe a trip to the loft, that's about it.

I definitely don't have the PSU as it was American and I chucked it out but I may still have some spare coloured front panels and possibly the original box somewhere too - I tend not to throw them out very often but I have moved since I bought it so that may have vanished. The original 10gb drive died on me about a year ago so I replaced it with one from an old laptop. It's been mostly fine apart from sometimes needing to be unplugged and reconnected for the O/S to give the drive time to spin up. This has only happened a couple of times though and that was when in the car so I think it's just a matter of the drive not spinning up fast enough rather than anything more serious.

If there's actually any interest in this I'll have a search about and see if I can come up with any other related bits and bobs.

Ta!

#289958 - 20/11/2006 07:03 Re: Got a Mk 2a for sale [Re: ZoltanPepper]
gorman
new poster

Where are you based? I might be interested, even though I'm waiting from an answer from another user.

#289959 - 20/11/2006 22:26 Re: Got a Mk 2a for sale [Re: gorman]
ZoltanPepper
new poster

I'm in the UK

#289960 - 02/12/2006 14:08 Re: Got a Mk 2a for sale [Re: ZoltanPepper]
sein
old hand

Loc: Sector ZZ9pZa
Can you please post the serial number.