Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#309482 - 26/04/2008 03:15 Help with Zune uninstall
Ladmo
addict

Loc: Oklahoma
I hope someone can help with this one. I recently swapped some junk for a Zune 30 to play with. Well after about three hours of installing crapy software and having no luck getting every thing to work right, I tried to uninstall it. Easier said than done. But to make a long story short, now my C:\ drive shows up as Zune Setup(C) with the Zune icon, and when ever I try to rename it, it just goes back to it (won't change) to make matters worse, when I just double click on it, it tries to launch zunesetup.exe. I have to actually 'Explore' the drive to get to it. I have checked properties as well, and it all looks like it points to the right path...

Anyone able to make me less dumb and releave my frustration?

Thank you

#309484 - 26/04/2008 03:26 Re: Help with Zune uninstall [Re: Ladmo]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
See if there is a file in the root directory of C: called "AUTORUN.INF" and smoke it if so. The behavior is acting as though you (or the zune installer) accidentally or purposefully copied the entire contents of the CD-rom into the root of C:\...

#309503 - 26/04/2008 12:58 Re: Help with Zune uninstall [Re: tfabris]
Ladmo
addict

Loc: Oklahoma
Thanks Tony! That did the trick. Duh! I should have figured that out, but I am glad you did.

This proves, once again, that even though I have not had a working empeg for over a year, and still have a busted one I'm trying to get repairedl, this board is the best for empeg, and everything else!
Thanks again, Tony!

Now, anybody have a Zune and know the REAL RIGHT way to install?
Or better yet, anyone want to swap a working empeg for a working 30 gig black Zune?