Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#359358 - 15/08/2013 01:22 See into the (Snowden) future
snowcrash
journeyman

Downtime notwithstanding, it looks like the NYT decided to offer a little bit of journalism to offset the ineradicable moral stain of Judith Miller. Not only that, but you get to see into the future. I said "Whoa! August 18th? But it is only the 14th!" Anyhow, quite a story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/magazine/laura-poitras-snowden.html?_r=0

and some Q&A:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/magazine/snowden-maass-transcript.html

My quote for the ages:

"Assume that your adversary is capable of a trillion guesses per second,".

My eyes watered when I read that.

I am trying to figure out how to contact Snowden's Dad Lon to let him know that I think his son is a hero. How do I contact him? How do I convince him that I am not a US government provocateur/stooge?

Lon, I would have your boy's love child!

#359362 - 15/08/2013 10:11 Re: See into the (Snowden) future [Re: snowcrash]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Thanks for the links!

#359411 - 19/08/2013 11:49 Re: See into the (Snowden) future [Re: mlord]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

I suspect that there are no easy ways to get a message to Snowden or his father right now. The former is keeping a low profile and the latter is presumably a bit busy at the moment. I'd say you could try sending a message to Greenwald, Poltras, or one of the other reporters covering him, but they're likely to ignore you unless you've got something newsworthy.

That said, if you left a comment in a public and relevant place (e.g., the comments section on that NYT article), one or the other Snowden may well read it, among all the other comments.

#359424 - 19/08/2013 23:45 Re: See into the (Snowden) future [Re: DWallach]
snowcrash
journeyman

Dan,

I think my question is mostly rhetorical, mainly to muse on how hard it can be to directly communicate something in the NSA/GHCQ era. Like, do I dare use my real name? But does an alias reduce any credibility?

Anyhow, sounds like Snowden and his dad still have some issues that they don't agree on and, while Lon may have the best intentions, his son isn't endorsing some of that and seems intent on staying his own course.

That must be tough, having a head-strong kid, but I just want Lon to know that he done good, son-wise.