Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#40018 - 01/10/2001 12:38 Tuner gone bad...
dids

Loc: Santa Monica, California, USA
After installing my tuner module and enjoying it for a few days it went bad one day when I got into my car.

Here are the symptoms: The stations are received at full signal strength but the sound level is VERY low. It seems like it locks on the stereo and RDS less often than it used to when it was working before. I unplugged the antenna to check if it could be a connection issue but then the signal strength drops to nothing so it seems like antenna connection is good.

The first time this has happened, switching to the next preset fixed it but now it seems stuck this way. Maybe that was totally coincidental.

Luckily I have a second tuner module which I was planning on installing in another car. Switching to this one seems to work fine and switching back displays the same problems again.

Any guesses on the source of the problem? Dead tuner module? Empeg? Software bug?

Any help appreciated...
-D

---
reg. #10798 - blue 40gig MK2 #764
--- reg. #10798 - [blue]blue[/blue] 40gig MK2 #764

#40019 - 01/10/2001 13:31 Re: Tuner gone bad... [Re: dids]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
Kind of sounds like Grant (ProtonVehiCross)'s problem. If so, the DSP auto-attenuates the tuner's audio output if the signal level drops below a certain threshold. Hugo said it'd be fixed soon.
Jason

_~= Dearing =~_
"WAY too happy about having #99."

#40020 - 01/10/2001 13:47 Re: Tuner gone bad... [Re: Dearing]
dids

Loc: Santa Monica, California, USA
In reply to:

Kind of sounds like Grant (ProtonVehiCross)'s problem. If so, the DSP auto-attenuates the tuner's audio output if the signal level drops below a certain threshold. Hugo said it'd be fixed soon.

So I guess my second tuner would somehow pass this tolerance... I will wait for the fix and see if I notice any change.

Thanks,
-D

---
reg. #10798 - blue 40gig MK2 #764
--- reg. #10798 - [blue]blue[/blue] 40gig MK2 #764