Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6273 - 21/10/1999 17:37 Stick to the important stuff!
doug316
journeyman

Personally, I hope the empeg development team spends it time now on important issues, please leave the visuals for post beta complete. I for one care nothing about the visuals and prefer good functionality. My two cents of what should be done soon:

- Speed up the volume control, it should be much much faster
- Remap the buttons to more logical approach (don't share volume buttons) or make it programmable...volume should be up/down, use multiple button presses or "double clicks" for more functionality. It sucks when I mean to increase volume a bit and it ends up skipping a track by accident.
- Fix the EQ interface, it is not intiutive when navigating menus
- Auto-create playlists...Top level should contain a playlist called Genre, below which should be artist, below which should be album. I should not need to manually organize these, the info is in the tags. This should happen whenever I add a track, and if I want to do more I can do so manually. For example, I could drag my "Sting" playlist, auto created by emplode, into the "Chick Friendly" playlist that I created at the top level.
- Mark MP3 function. I am finding many errors in my encoded MP3's and have to leave myself a voice mail to fix them since there's no way to mark them for later attention.
- It would be nice if emplode told me how much space was used by each playlist since I don't happen to have a 20GB unit! For example, in the "Genre" playlist which is auto-created, each track is listed only once so I could see diskspace info at each playlist all the way down to each track.

Best of all, how about letting users vote on some of the choices of what should be changed in the software first?

#6274 - 22/10/1999 01:32 Re: Stick to the important stuff! [Re: doug316]
Jazzwire
addict

Loc: Guernsey
I believe the visuals are being done by a seperate company, and therefore it won't cut into any important development...
Also, various people at empeg have said that play by genere is planned, so why clutter the menus with additional auto created playlists?

Jazz
(List 112, S/N 00030, 4 gig blue)
Jazz (List 112, Mk2 42 gig #40. Mk1 4 gig #30. Mk3 1.6 16v)

#6275 - 22/10/1999 06:26 Re: Stick to the important stuff! [Re: doug316]
JeepBastard
enthusiast

Loc: Brooklyn
i think the EQ is cool , but it could use a tweak to mkae it easy to use while driving and maybe even looking a bit cooler in the process. Im gonna think about it for a while to make a proper suggestion :)

as for the volume i think that it
Depends - maybe there should be a setting at some point to control the volume increase speed only because its a matter of taste how fast volume increases or decreases. Thats why some people perfer a Volume know even on high end Heead units because you can turn the volume off immediately if need be (cell phone , car noise that worries you , actually listen to someone sitting next to you nagging you)

Empeg Kicks Ass
S/N 00203
http://www.iretro.com

#6276 - 23/10/1999 09:24 Re: Stick to the important stuff! [Re: JeepBastard]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
EQ's UI is changing in future releases, we just wanted to get it out there.

There is already a "mute" button - play/pause. The top button either pauses the unit, or mutes it in you're in radio mode.

Hugo