Personally, I hope the empeg development team spends it time now on important issues, please leave the visuals for post beta complete. I for one care nothing about the visuals and prefer good functionality. My two cents of what should be done soon:
- Speed up the volume control, it should be much much faster
- Remap the buttons to more logical approach (don't share volume buttons) or make it programmable...volume should be up/down, use multiple button presses or "double clicks" for more functionality. It sucks when I mean to increase volume a bit and it ends up skipping a track by accident.
- Fix the EQ interface, it is not intiutive when navigating menus
- Auto-create playlists...Top level should contain a playlist called Genre, below which should be artist, below which should be album. I should not need to manually organize these, the info is in the tags. This should happen whenever I add a track, and if I want to do more I can do so manually. For example, I could drag my "Sting" playlist, auto created by emplode, into the "Chick Friendly" playlist that I created at the top level.
- Mark MP3 function. I am finding many errors in my encoded MP3's and have to leave myself a voice mail to fix them since there's no way to mark them for later attention.
- It would be nice if emplode told me how much space was used by each playlist since I don't happen to have a 20GB unit! For example, in the "Genre" playlist which is auto-created, each track is listed only once so I could see diskspace info at each playlist all the way down to each track.
Best of all, how about letting users vote on some of the choices of what should be changed in the software first?