Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#66117 - 03/02/2002 11:49 Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help*
Draghtnod
journeyman

1.) Wo kann man den RioCar noch kaufen? (wird ja nimmer produziert)
2.) Wo kriegt man gleich das passende FM modul dazu?
3.) Giebt es schon andere Anbieter die n MP3 radio mit festplatte gebaut haben?
4.) was kostet der spass? wirklich 399$?

thx schonmal
Draghi

#66118 - 03/02/2002 12:06 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: Draghtnod]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA

1.) Where can one still buy the RioCar? (no longer produced)
2.) Where can one additionally get the suitable FM module?
3.) Are there already different providers of MP3 radios with built-in fixed-disks?
4.) How much does the fun cost? Really $399?

1. www.carplayer.com has players for sale. ebay.com also has some auctions listed.
2. www.ebay.com is about your only hope right now. More may be made soon if a deal is finalized.
3. Look at the (auto)mobile Jukebox Matrix for the most popular solutions. Pioneer also has a unit with built-in hard disk. It costs US$2000
4. The players carry different prices for different sizes. See the Matrix link above for more info.

1. hat www.carplayer.com Spieler für Verkauf. ebay.com hat auch einige ausgedruckte Auktionen.
2. www.ebay.com ist Ihre nur Hoffnung im Augenblick. Mehr können bald gebildet werden, wenn ein Abkommen beendet wird.
3. Betrachten Sie das (auto)mobile Jukebox Matrix nach den populärsten Lösungen. Pioneer hat auch eine Maßeinheit mit eingebauter Festplatte. Es kostet 2000$US
4. Die Spieler tragen unterschiedliche Preise für unterschiedliche Größen. Sehen Sie das Matrixlink oben für mehr info.

Bruno

#66119 - 03/02/2002 12:09 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: hybrid8]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I wonder how well my FAQ would translate to German through BabelFish?

#66120 - 03/02/2002 12:16 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: tfabris]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Those translations needed a little personal touching to improve syntax. The German stuff at the bottom is anyone's guess.

#66121 - 03/02/2002 12:43 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: hybrid8]
redbutt2

Loc: San Diego, CA
When the hell did carplayer.com start selling Empegs? I had read that company was the original "Neo" dealer, and only after moderate success did the manufacturer of the Neo decide to start selling it themselves under the "Neo" name. Did they buy the Empegs from SonicBlue when the price dropped?

#66122 - 03/02/2002 12:55 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: redbutt2]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Since it's sort of really offtopic.... Check out the thread in the FOR SALE forum about the availability at Carplayer. It's all explained there. But in short, they came to some agreement with SB back at COmdex and were able to make a large purchase. Details on their purchase price are unknown (they may have paid less than the December blowout or more, don't know).

Bruno

#66123 - 03/02/2002 13:57 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: hybrid8]
Draghtnod
journeyman

thanx for help!!
...and sorry i forgot that this borad is an english one
i think i buy the riocar if i cant find a better player at this price..

uhm.. the translation into german up there is terrible )

#66124 - 03/02/2002 14:21 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: Draghtnod]
Draghtnod
journeyman

i actually cant find the Rio at www.carplayer.com! there are only upgrades and the other player...
everybody wants mp3players for the car.. why dont they produce some? isnt it a great deal? i dont understand this..

#66125 - 03/02/2002 14:26 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: Draghtnod]
Terminator
old hand

Loc: Dallas, TX
errr uhhhh i see it at the top of the page.

#66126 - 03/02/2002 14:40 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: Draghtnod]
Draghtnod
journeyman

also no luck at ebay
when will the deal be finalized you spoke from?

#66127 - 03/02/2002 15:02 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: Draghtnod]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

On ebay search for "empeg" or "rio car" (with the space).

At carplayer.com the Riocar is right at the top of the first page.

Bruno

#66128 - 03/02/2002 15:08 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: Draghtnod]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
You won't be able to find a better (or equivalent) player at *any* price.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue

#66129 - 03/02/2002 15:22 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: Draghtnod]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

All information and links to sales locations can be found in the FAQ.

#66130 - 04/02/2002 06:01 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: tfabris]
Draghtnod
journeyman

sure.. there is a button.. after clicking the button, the shop appears.. and in the shop (where i have to select what i wanna buy) theres no rio car!
hum.. in the german ebay are no rio cars.. only at ebay.com but the shipping to germany is not very cheap

when will the deal be made to produce new cool radios with new cool functions? i hope soooon

greez
Draghi

#66131 - 04/02/2002 11:54 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: Draghtnod]
havier123
new poster

check the sonicblue estore. I'm not sure if they are out or not. I just mines today (monday feb 4 2002). I put the order in last tuesday. so it look them about a week. I ordered the 60gb one. good luck to find one.

#66132 - 04/02/2002 13:33 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: tfabris]
svferris
addict

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I wonder how well my FAQ would translate to German through BabelFish?

What is even more interesting is once translated, how it translates back to English. Try taking some English text (like a song lyric), convert it to another language, then convert back to english. For example, from the FAQ:

ORIGINAL TEXT:
· What are the most common installation issues?
Installing the Rio Car player shouldn't be any more troublesome than installing any other aftermarket stereo. Any professional car stereo installer should be able to handle the job quite easily.

With that said, here are some common issues. Note that these are (for the most part) not specific to the Rio Car player. You could easily run into the same problems installing a Sony CD player, for example.

GERMAN TEXT:
was die allgemeinsten Installation Ausgaben sind? Den Rioautospieler zu installieren sollte als, keinen anderen Werkzeugmarktstereo installierend unangenehmer sein. Jeder Stereoinstallateur des professionellen Autos sollte können, den Job ziemlich leicht anzufassen. Wenn die gesagt ist, sind hier einige allgemeine Ausgaben. Beachten Sie, daß diese (in den meisten Fällen) zum Rioautospieler nicht spezifisch sind. Sie konnten in die gleichen Probleme leicht laufen, die einen DIGITALSCHALLPLATTE Spieler Sony, z.B. installieren.

ENGLISH AGAIN:
what the most general installation outputs are? The Rioautospieler to install should be installing more unpleasant as, no other tool market tools. Each Stereoinstallateur of the professional auto should be able to touch the job rather easily. If is said, are here some general outputs. Note that these (in most cases) are not specific to the Rioautospieler. They could run into the same problems easily, some DIGITAL DISK player Sony, e.g. installing.

#66133 - 04/02/2002 14:38 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: svferris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Oh, OK, so it comes out fine, then.

#66134 - 04/02/2002 15:01 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: tfabris]
svferris
addict

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Here's one more:

ORIGINAL TEXT:
All right stop
Collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs ahold of me tightly
Then I flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop?
Yo-- I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle

SPANISH TEXT:
Toda la parada derecha colabora y escucha hielo está detrás con mi invención brandnew que algo ase el ahold de mí entonces fluyo firmemente como un arpón diariamente y cada noche voluntad él siempre parada? Yo -- no sé doy vuelta apagado a las luces y brillaré intensamente a la roca del extremo I que un mic como un vándalo enciende para arriba una etapa y encero un chump como una vela

ENGLISH AGAIN:
All the right shutdown collaborates and listens to ice is behind with my invention brandnew that something roasts ahold of me then I flow firmly like a harpoon daily and every night always stopped will he? I -- I do not know I give return extinguished to the lights and will shine intensely to the rock of the end I that a mic as a vandal above ignites for a stage and encero chump as a candle

I particularly like "extinguished to the lights and will shine intensely". The main problem is that in the initial translation, any slang is translated to an exact equivalent in the other language (ignoring it as slang). So, when you translate back, the whole meaning of the slang word is lost.

#66135 - 04/02/2002 15:34 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: svferris]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

TRANSLATED TO CHINESE.......

ENGLISH AGAIN:

Oh, the word can you look, by the daybreak early light, what our that arrogant underground hail finally glitters to the twilight? Who broad stripe and is bright 亮星, by way of this dangerous fight, O'er we watches, then gallantly flows out rampart? And the rocket red glare, the bomb bursts in the air, produced the proof by way of the night, our flag still was there. The O word, that vice- star glitters the banner waves the O'er freedom and family's land is brave?

FROM THAT TRANSLATED TO PORTUGUESE.......

THEN BACK TO ENGLISH:

The Oh, the word can you look at, for the advanced light of the dawn, what ours that the arrogant underground hail shines finally to the twilight? Who the wide stripe and is shining, for this dangerous fight, O'er that we give attention, to follow flows gallantly for is of rampart? E the red brightness of the rocket, the overflows of the bomb in air, produced the test for the night, our flag was still there. The word of, this vice star shines the waves of the flag the freedom of O'er and the land of the family is brave?

THAT TRANSLATED TO JAPANESE......

BACK TO ENGLISH:

Ohio state the dawn namely some high-level light/write, word your our ones, does the hail abnormal play そ of the haughty underground which can see finally illuminate to the れ? who this dangerous fight, the rampart, we give the wide stripe to note because of the O'er which in the flow of for the sake of the gallantly continues, is, it has illuminated? the E the test of outflow and the night of the bomb of brightness and the air where the rocket is red, still was our flag there, it created. As for word, the wave of this secondary star flag as for the land of the freedom illuminating and the family of the O'er it is brave?

THEN THAT TRANSLATED TO ITALIAN.......

THEN BACK TO ENGLISH AFTER GOING THROUGH 8 TRANSLATIONS:

The condition of the Ohio the dawn that is some light/write to high level, expresses yours ours, ago the abnormal game of the hail of the underground haughty that it can see finally in order to illuminate to? who this dangerous fight, the rampart, we give the wide band the famous one because of O' er that in the flow for of the gallantly it continues, we are, it we have illuminated? and the test of escape and the night of the bomb of brightness and the air in which the rocket it is red, still was our small flag here, it has created. As far as the word, the wave of this secondary small flag of the star like for the earth of the freedom that it illuminates and the family of O' er are good?

HOW?

#66136 - 04/02/2002 20:11 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: ]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

This has been (finally) your most constructive (and most funny!) post. Congratulations! BTW, as I was reading the original I was also thinking how it would end up passing through a few more translations. Gotta love that Systrans.

Bruno

#66137 - 04/02/2002 20:13 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: Draghtnod]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

New cool MP3 players for the car? To be sold retail? As cool as the empeg (riocar)? NOT FOR A LONG TIME (probably).

Like we have said.... They are available, RIGHT NOW, at Carplayer.com.

Please see the FORSALE forum for more information as well.

Bruno

#66138 - 04/02/2002 22:07 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: hybrid8]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just for the hell of it I ran your second to last post through Korean and back to English and ended up with this:

Continuously this (last) you construction and (and is a fun,! Point. Barn! It passes the translation which is few more, it will end with the high piece, theyn the place as it peels and it goes out and and yu B it is reading and and and when, the BTW, it was thinking that li. Gotta love }systrans{. Bruno

No kidding...

#66139 - 05/02/2002 07:03 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: hybrid8]
Draghtnod
journeyman

i gonna buy the rio car.. but i can only buy at the end of april *grr* my dad means that a simple radio tuner is good enought for me.. STUPID people in my eyes.. i want that playaaaa *huaaa*

are you realy realy realy sure they dont prouce new players like riocar until the end of april? do i get one at this time for the same price like now?

*grrrrr* supid parents! all supid parents!

#66140 - 05/02/2002 07:35 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: Draghtnod]
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Stupid people in my eyes"

I'm gonna start using that one....

You better hurry up and buy one. They won't last much longer. Buy some koolaid packets and set up shop on the street corner or something.

#66141 - 05/02/2002 11:51 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: Draghtnod]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
I guess that by April there will be an occasional player on eBay, but significantly more expensive than now.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue

#66142 - 05/02/2002 13:51 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: bonzi]
Draghtnod
journeyman

( i think i have to rub my gandma

#66143 - 05/02/2002 14:06 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: hybrid8]
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, CA
I have a theory that if you pass text through a translator enough times, eventually it will start making sense again, and eventually it will actually be interesting knowledge.

Calvin

#66144 - 06/02/2002 10:58 Re: Newbeefragen *sorry* *plz help* [Re: Draghtnod]
Brandis
stranger

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
For the love of GOD let the boy wash your grandmother!!!

Sorry.. had a Farley moment....