Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#77581 - 04/03/2002 11:34 trouble in root-playlist
pupvogel
journeyman

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
I recently upgraded my harddisks and now my root playlist behaves strange:
The first Position-number is "2", and in emplode I can't move items in the root up or down...
When I create a new playlist, it will become number 12 (I have 10 branches), so number one seems to be missing and also cannot be created.
Everything else works fine - I have uploaded a lot of songs since the upgrade and in the branches below the root I can move entries up and down.
What has happened here ?
Or did I miss something and I never had a number 1 in the root ??

#77582 - 04/03/2002 12:10 Re: trouble in root-playlist [Re: pupvogel]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
What has happened here ?

Nothing. Playlist number 1 is "Unattached Items". It is not visible anymore, since it's not used.

You can't (currently) move items up and down in the root playlist, because of a bug to do with the fact that it's hidden.

Try holding down Alt while dragging playlists in the root. This may still work.

#77583 - 04/03/2002 13:13 Re: trouble in root-playlist [Re: Roger]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Alt-dragging playlists in the root still works, and works quite well. This is documented in the FAQ.

#77584 - 04/03/2002 16:36 Re: trouble in root-playlist [Re: tfabris]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Yeah, basically there's a bug in the specific case where you press Move Up/Down, and it tries to move it past the first/last item in the list, because that item happens to be hidden.

The button code says "there's one more, no problem". The view code says "er, not quite" and falls over. I imagine, also, that you might need to press the button twice to push it past the hidden item, if that item is in the middle of the list.

I don't anticipate the fix being too tricky, but this problem surfaced on the Rio Central build of emplode, and got fixed with a quick hack there (since it doesn't matter particularly). The quick hack got propogated to the Rio Car build of emplode. I just haven't had time to fix it yet.

None of this code has anything to do with Alt+drag, so I saw no reason why it should stop working, except if I was overzealous.