Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#81383 - 03/04/2002 14:29 Re: EmpWake - An Alarm Clock for Your Empeg [Re: bonzi]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
1. FID should be in hex, with no leading 0x or anything like that. Just the same as the FID file's name.
2. I'm not sure why it's silently dying. I have debug prints if any of the hijack ioctl()'s return errors. However there are probably other places where it could die without warning, I will look into that. So far I have an odd scenario where a majority of people are telling me it works fine, but two people (yourself and Bruno) saying it silently dies. So there definitely is a problem.

I am insanely busy moving into a new apartment right now but the next version will definitely have more trace prints to try to see where this problem is. EmpWake is my #1 priority right now, with the lyrics, trivia game, and text-to-speech stuff way in the background... So I think you can expect an instrumented Empwake in the next week.

#81384 - 03/04/2002 14:30 Re: EmpWake - An Alarm Clock for Your Empeg [Re: bonzi]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Oh, the FID number should be the *0 fid (ASCII fid), not the *1 fid (mp3 file FID.) I am not sure what would happen if the *1 FID were specified... But I doubt that's the problem here.

#81385 - 04/04/2002 19:52 Re: EmpWake - An Alarm Clock for Your Empeg [Re: tonyc]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Hmmmmm....

I'm going to go "play" with empwake again even though my eyes are burning out of their sockets.

BTW, good luck with your move. I'm looking at jumping into a house in a couple of months and have been busy getting my finances together. Been away from the BBS for a while too.

Glad to know empwake is at the top of your coding list. I'm sooooo anxious to start using it. I am so close to the point of throwing my alarm clock out the window. I'd start the carnage by strangling the morning radio "personalities" (they have no personality) if they were next to me.

Bruno

#81386 - 05/04/2002 09:31 Re: EmpWake - An Alarm Clock for Your Empeg [Re: hybrid8]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Yeah, the move went pretty well. I'm now on cable modem service and it was activated within an hour of setting up my account! This is very new to me coming from the DSL world where you're lucky if you can connect within a month of placing your order. Goodbye, Earthlink!

As for EmpWake, I have a mid-term exam to work on this weekend but if I get that done early I hope to do some hacking. First thing I'll do is instrument the hell out of it to see why people are having problems. Then I'll drop in some features. Still missing the most important one (saving the alarm time between reboots) but it's still functional without that.

Once EmpWake is done, I think text-to-speech might crawl up to the top of the list. That was looking pretty promising the last time I played with it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3