Hello all --

So I'm using emplode 2.00b13 and have a usage/maintenance question.

I realize that if you copy a playlist or set of playlists into another playlist that the copied playlist and the original are symlinked such that if you modify one you modify both.

I don't necessarily like this (other than the fact that it's preventing duplicates of course). What I'd like to do is copy the playlist(s) and edit the resulting playlist as it's own entity. I'm trying to find out the best way to do this.

Example:

My top level contains
All Artists
\-- Artist 1, etc
\-- Album
\-- Song
\-- Album
\-- Song
\-- Artist 2, etc

Person 1's playlist
Person 2's playlist
Person 3's playlist

Now, I have 300+ artists in the "all artists" section. Let's say 80 of them are to be in Person 3's playlist. Ideally, I find the 80 or so artists in the All Artists playlist, copy and paste them into Person 3's playlist.

KEY NOTE: This preserves the Artist/Album/Song hierarchy within the playlists.

Problem: Say Person 3 doesn't like Song X or Album Y. I remove it from Person 3's playlist and it removes it from All Artists Playlist. Bad (yet designed)

Only workaround I've been able to think of or see from others is to manually type in the playlist hierarchy of artist/album/ for all of them, then copy/paste from the soup. Copying/pasting from the soup doesn't preserve the artist/album hierarchy, so it doesn't give me what I need and is very time consuming.

Since we can't browse the soup on the player, the only way to find songs is through the search (which is awesome of course, but not what I'm looking for in this instance)

Seems that we need a "paste copy" or "paste special" so that it creates a new set of hierarchy and pointers yet still points to the same single instance of the song. This is what my PJB (Personal Jukebox) software does for my 20GB portable.

Any suggestions?

30G Rio