Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Doorbell Question by mlord @ 06/05/2024 21:31

I still think it's a "smart" device somewhere in the setup, that is taking a few seconds to boot before it rings the bell.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Doorbell Question by tfabris @ 06/05/2024 20:28

Quote:This is hard to test by myself, as the button is a good 60 or 70 feet away from the chime box in the house. This is tricky because the usual way someone would do this is to have the other person on the phone. But these days, cell phones introd
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Doorbell Question by tfabris @ 06/05/2024 17:15

Maybe the chimes actually do ring immediately, but the electronic emitter doesn't play it loudly enough at the beginning. For example, maybe it repeats the melody three times instead of twice and you're not hearing the first one because it's not send
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Doorbell Question by tfabris @ 06/05/2024 16:57

Wow so there is some kind of electronic delay in the system which delays the chime for 5 seconds. I wonder why.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Doorbell Question by peter @ 06/05/2024 06:55

I guess the next steps depend a bit on how much you're prepared to annoy your visitors and/or your dogs in the name of Science. If you cut power to the whole system, do the dogs still go bananas? (Are they hearing the physical noise of the button-pre