Now if only there were a decent program made to create real DVD videos of your own making. I've now gone through "trial" tests of all the software I've seen available to do this, and not one is a good program.

I have tried:
Ulead DVD Movie Factory
Ulead DVD Workshop
RecordNow (came with the burner, simply crashes on my PC)
RecordNow Max (several versions)
Pinnacle Studio v8
Pinnacle DVD Impression
NeroVision Express

NeroVision was technically the best because it was a free download if you own Nero 5.5, but it is still template based with very few real tweaking options. Plus, I tried a "trial" of the MPEG2 Encoder Plug-in, and I still was unable to import pre-made MP2 files (didn't give me the option).

I think the closest program to what I want to do, and isn't wizard/template based, is Pinnacle DVD Impression, or Impression Pro. However, these programs are insanely expensive, especially considering they don't do all that much, and are quite hard to use (they are the exact opposite of a wizard-based program, hardly even a help file).

Conclusion: it is still far too early in the evolution of DVD burning to have a good program for creating DVD videos. sigh...

ps-I'm so psyched. my local movie store sells all their used DVD cases, which are all in very good condition, for 10 cents each! I just picked up 19 cases for two bucks!