Hehe, no problem. I should get used to product loyalties on this board anyway It may be the most civilized place on the internet, but it's still the internet, and everyone on it has an opinion

To answer your question, bootsy:
I've used all those programs I listed there in the past few days, and none of them are flexible. Ulead products have always been pretty crappy, and these are no exception.

Movie Factory has a list of templates. You can choose which template to use and what the button style is and what text is displayed on the menu, and that is it. Your DVD, when loaded into a player, will go right to the menu whether you want it to or not, and you can pick your chapter there.
*edit* NeroVision gives you the layout options, I think. well, the programs were very similar, but NeroVision is more reliable *edit*

Ulead DVD Workshop adds the features of choosing slight layout options and fonts and colors, and you get a little more control over the flow of the DVD, but that's it.

Pinnacle Studio 8 is much like Movie Factory.

Pinnacle Impression is the tough one. You create everything. There is no such thing as a wizard or a template in it. It is very much like Premiere in how you lay out how the video will flow, including "go to" commands/actions, how each button works, etc. You design the background for your video. You design the buttons. You connect the buttons to chapters and titles. It's a great amount of flexibility, but a steep learning curve. This is the program I'm doing the most experimenting with. However, I can't seem to import and damn video file!! I think you need "elementary streams" to import things correctly, so now I'm in the process of splitting the audio and video of a file. I'll let you know how the rest of my experiment works out...

Edited by DiGNAN17 (05/02/2003 20:44)