I wrote a Palm application to create playlists for the Empeg on the fly. This app is in alpha right now, and I will release it tomorrow or Wednesday depending on when I have time to get back on the board and write up some install instructions. For now, some screenshots will have to do (I'm tired and going to bed).

What this does:

1. Syncs your playlist from your PC to your PalmPilot via a .pdb file. The .pdb file is created from a .csv file outputted from Jemplode, and converted from .csv to .pdb by a Java app I wrote. Todo: integrate .pdb creation into Jemplode, shouldn't be too hard. My .pdb file with 6002 songs is 465k, so people with very large music collections should have enough space with an 8mb Palm.

2. Lets you view your music collection on the Palmpilot. There are 4 screens, Artist, Album, Track and Playlist. You have to kind of "drill down" through the screens to select songs on the Track screen. It should be intuitive to most people. Todo: provide way to sort playlist after track selection.

3. Beam your ad-hoc playlist to the Empeg via IR. I have a small version of Empire running on the Empeg that will recognize OBEX objects coming from Palantir. Tonight for the first time I selected a list of songs and beamed them from my palm to my empeg and the songs were inserted into the current playlist. GOAL!

Now for the screenshots.