That's an interesting observation that got a bit lost in the arguing. I can understand how misogyny crept in in translation (male pronouns for God etc.), but have you got a source for the homosexuality thing? Seems to me that plenty of people ought to be told about it if the bibles they thump aren't, in fact, anti-gay.

Most people who argue that the Bible is anti-gay use the text in Romans about "Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." Romans 1:27. If you look at the original text though, what Paul was talking about was the disgusting orgies and acts of self-decadance that were going on in Rome at the time (which admittedly,. were pretty much as wrong as you get) When translated, it was turned into being just anit-gay, when the real meaning was not the act that was wrong, but the way they were doing it. I wish I had the book I read on the subject, but it was a while ago. Anyway, if you look at the life of Jesus, who did he hang out with? The prostitues, the sinners. He didn't judge, he accepted everyone. I wish more people would believe in that than the one verse they find to support their hate.