Again, I don't believe it, just because of contradictions like that. The God of Old Testament was a jealous and spiteful God, and not one that I would want to say I believe in. I'm just trying to show that if you say you are a Christian, you can't pick and choose the Bible, cause if you do there's no point to being a Christian at all.

I agree with your description of Old Testament God. Actually, to me Christianity seems a very unlikely (but, apparently, successful) attempt to join two disparate religions (or, should I dare to say, 'repair' one): one based on fear, another on love. Now, what should a 'true Christian' do?

I wish people would say, "You know what, I'm not a Christian. I just believe that I should live my life the best that I can, and help someone out if I get the chance." Why do you have to be associated with a religion to do that?

Again, I agree. Kantian categorical imperative seems good enough foundation for everyday ethics, and altruism has well understood evolutionary advantages.

For the record, this message board is one of my favorite places to discuss anything on the web

Mine too, of course.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue