Right, we've done a bit of driving round the Moors and Dales.

Having the debugger on, on one of the presets, effectively locks out the AF function - but then, why wouldn't it, the display is telling you that it has no AF information!

Switch the debugger out and the AF works, but differently to the set in the Jaguar. On Radio 4, the Jaguar changed frequency four times: 93.7, 94.4, 93.7, something else I didn't catch, 94.4, whilst the Empeg changed once: 93.7 to 94.4.

The question: Which is doing the job right? - is subjective, the Empeg is taking, if you like, a much more thoughtful approach: With the Jaguar you get stuttering( You could be listening to a DAB set!), with the Empeg, the signal weakens but holds. The route I'm taking used to be my route to work, and, from memory, the majority of RDS sets switch 3 or 4 times in the shadow of the escarpment(Before RDS, I used to have adjacent presets set to 93.7 and 94.4).

I've now manually tuned to Radio2 and put it back on the player, I'll see whether it pulls in all the traffic reports over the next day or so, and report back. Hijack also goes back on tonight.

Note: Oof, just got that corrected before the Grammar Police hove into sight in de black Peugeot for the infamous dawn raid!

Edited by boxer (09/04/2003 07:45)