I think I've found out as much as I'm going to - if I drive round much longer looking at two HU displays, I'm going to crash - If I didn't have hijack to toggle between sourses, I'd have crashed already!
1. A little problem in 330, when you slide the Empeg into the car sled, it only toggles between player and aux ( I have it set to toggle on a quick press of the vol. knob) - once you've selected radios in the normal menus, it toggles correctly round all three sources. I thought that this was because it was holding the in-house setting, but it does it when you put it back in the sled having not had it plugged in at home.

N.B. I did once post a wish, asking for the option of taking aux. out of the toggle, so it just went player>radio: I never use the aux.. Best of all would be to toggle: Radio> Favourite Playlist 1>Favourite Playlist2.

2. AF: Acknowledging other people's different conclusion, as far as I'm concerned, AF works fine - The Blaupunkt and the Empeg did about the same things - maybe the Jag. I tried before had a jittery HU..
It's really easy to check this by manually tuning to, say, the weakest Radio2 signal and then driving for a few minutes, for me, it retuned every time on all four BBC stations.
So, at least I'm fairly safe that Mrs.Boxer will get her favourite shows!

3. However, the station indicator will hold on to a previous station display until it detects a really strong (All bars on) signal. I drove for a good ten miles down the A1, this afternoon with Radio 4 on, with the station indicator and the info. ticker telling me it was Radio3.

4. The problem with presets remains, however: I can't get anything other than the no AF message every time, and the AF facility is locked out, which is a bind, as I only use presets.

5. TA works fine, if you're tuned to a TP station, which I'll come to. If you've got the player on, it clicks straight over to a traffic announcement.

6. In answer to a previous posting of Rob's, Empeg worked better than the Blaupunkt right up by the radar on the boundary fence at Leeds/Bradford airport during a TA. The Blaupunkt picked up a great deal of interference - not the Empeg - So, as I suspected, the Empeg solution is way above industry standard.

7. So the problems, apart from the presets, appear to surround the EON facility and are, therefore, mainly related to the BBC national stations:
a. My Empeg has generally been tuned manually to Radio2 with TA/AF on. I've only once successfully received a traffic broadcast on a local station (other network) since installing 2.00. In fairness, I only use the TA facility on long journeys, so I can't be sure how well it worked before.
b. 5 times, it has clicked from player, but stayed on Radio2. On two of these occasions, I was able to check that a traffic announcement was on Radio Leeds at the time - so it's getting only halfway in switching.
c. On two occasions it failed completely to detect a traffic announcement, although the Blaupunkt did so.

FURTHER OBSERVATIONS
1. Does the light go out in the fridge when you close the door? - It would be helpful if the AF/TA/TP indicators stayed on when the player is in use, so that you know that the tuner is working properly.

2. Somebody else posted that you can't separately adjust the traffic announcement volume: A very good point.
You may well be chatting in the car and have turned down the volume, but , obviously, don't want to miss the TA's, I think I'm right in saying that most RDS sets have this facility.
- The Empeg could go one better and continue to play TA's in pause!

Hope this helps.