Ok,

I've just had my crazy-AF experience coming to work. Ita was my first try with Hijack 330. 329 and 329+ would cause the player to lock completely at a certain point, AND there seemed to be NO RDS signal where it used to be, as if hijack was "eating" it, somehow.

In fact, after switching to Hijack 330 I got "RDS" back on the right side of the display, and the Radio Station Name is showing again.

BUT my empeg kept on changing frequencies, apparently to ones which have nothing to do with the radio station I was originally listening to. It did so continuously on my 45 minutes commute to work, ALL thorugh the city (so no frequency change should have occurred at all. I have to cross Rome city center from one end to the other, so it's only 12Km and still it takes me 45 mins due to traffic), so that I hat to preset back and forth to the station I was listening to (by pushing left and right buttons on the player itself, not on the remote).
As I said I am in Rome, Italy. There are many many local stations here, as well national ones. All national stations have RDS, as well as quite a few local. As mentioned by Prolux, freequencies may be overlapping. Problem is that empeg changes frequency and stays on the "wrong" ones belonging to some other station, not on ly local. Few times it switched from one national station to another (for the Italians here, from Radio24 to Radio Dee Jay).

Also, switching off AF did not seem to work. The empeg kept chaning frequency. I seemed as if the AF function had not been switched off at all.

The problem occurred both with and without TA.

I did not have the chance to read this thread fully before, so I haven't tried any debug mode. However I do get "RDS" on the right and I do get the station name on the top left corner.

If I can contribute in any way to tolve this, please let me know. I'll be really happy to.

Edited by taym (11/04/2003 01:50)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg