I’m at my wits end on this one. I hate picking band names (as you end up being stuck with that identity for a long time), but I’m recording a CD and trying to get some word of mouth going around San Antonio. I can’t call venues and say, “I have a group, here’s our demo . . . no, we don’t have a name yet.” Talk about frustrating, all I want to do is play and write music!

So here’s the question. Anybody got a great band name out there that they’d be willing to let me use? Our style is kind of pop-folk (because the acoustic guitar and focal harmonies are the main focus of most songs), though sometimes we edge into rock. Most of the lyrics are personal stories or ideas and have a spiritual context, but I’m not looking specifically for a religiously themed band named. Just something that doesn’t sound cheesy. The motif I like most is the “storyteller”, as that’s kind of how I see the lyrics and style, but no names in that vein seem to jump out at me.

Anyway, we need not limit this thread to band names that fit my description (as heavy metal band names are always the most fun to come up with); this could be a fun thread even if I don’t get anything useful. I’m sure, however, that you guys could at least come up with something better than JOI (Jesus On the Inside!), which someone suggested. I think that one caused me physical pain!