Oh, online dating is totally valid. It's a 21st century time and effort saving way that the labor-intensive traditionalists dislike because they think it's too easy.

I can't recommend eHarmony though. Bored one night, I thought I'd whip through their profile just for fun. Damn thing took me about 3 hours to finish (on and off, I needed breaks). And, ultimately, it's just another website with a comparison algorithm.

I'd stick to Match.com or, my favorite when Match locked down a little, AmericanSingles.com. They have weaker comparison algorithms, but they let you use your human side to pick and choose. More interactive = more fun.

Saddly, if online dating is a jungle, then I must be a fish in a lake somewhere. I tried for a few months, but nobody would contact me back. Never could figure out why, so I assumed it must be a scam or my profile was terrible. Must be a way to make it work......