Wow. Just wow. I'm suprised by the reactions of the people here. I bought one of these about 4 months ago and returned it within a week. I absolutely hated the thing. The web interface was simply terrible and unintuitive, which is funny, given that's what it's designed for. I think the problem is that I knew what I wanted the damn thing to do, but I couldn't figure out how to tell the "user friendly" interface to do it the way it wanted.

Another problem is that they are woefully short on codes for older devices. Granted, this is a problem for all remotes, but they seemed to have less than I can find for my Pronto on Remote Central.

Back to my ancient Pronto for me. I just can't give up that much control.

Other than that, I can't agree more with you, Tony. Discrete codes are a huge pet peeve of mine with new electronics. IMO, they are the one thing that would make home theaters and universal remotes more accessible to technophobes than anything. I wish Logitech could somehow lobby manufacturers to make these codes more accessible.

ps-anyone know where I can find really good deals on Pronto remotes? I would love to have one with a few more hard buttons. Any suggestions? I still have the T1000, I think

Edited by Dignan (30/05/2006 01:31)