Quote:
If the empeg's serial port is wired incorrectly, The loopback and short might fail to pull CTS high on the empeg

And I'm saying... The serial port on the empeg's sled doesn't even have a CTS pin, and there isn't even a way to connect one, no matter how badly the thing is miswired.

The serial port on the empeg's sled connects to the interior of the empeg via the floaty-black gold-plated docking-port connector thingy, and that's got only two pins for the serial connection (if you don't count ground). Those pins are dedicated to TX and RX, and nothing else. There's no way to get a CTS signal (or any other signal other than TX or RX) from outside the sled to inside the player, no matter how hard you try. The worst you could do is screw up the TX and RX signals.

And, as he just confirmed, the same thing existed at the other end of his connection.

So how, in that situation, do you propose that doing things with the CTS wire, or any other wire besides RX and TX, could affect the player or his device?

Quote:
I'd still like some corroboration as to how the sled's serial port is wired wrong.

It connects the Amp Remote wire and the Phone Mute wire to pins 1 and 4 on the sled's serial port. I don't know why they designed it this way. But the worst THAT could do is confuse the device connected to the other end of the cable, not confuse the empeg itself.