Quote:
The serial port on the empeg's sled connects to the interior of the empeg via the floaty-black gold-plated docking-port connector thingy, and that's got only two pins for the serial connection (if you don't count ground). Those pins are dedicated to TX and RX, and nothing else. There's no way to get a CTS signal (or any other signal other than TX or RX) from outside the sled to inside the player, no matter how hard you try. The worst you could do is screw up the TX and RX signals.

That wiring diagram you posted showed connections on pins 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8. I know that they're wired funny, but on a normal DB9 RS232 connector, those would be RX, TX, DCD, DTR, G, and DSR. There's no legend telling me what they're actually wired to. If you could confirm that TX and RX are the only things wired up that have to do with serial connections, then that would tend to confirm my remembrance that the serial port is hooked up wrong, but disprove my theory. So far, you've yet to do that. (And I tried to find where that diagram was in the FAQ, but failed.)