Originally Posted By: andym
Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Originally Posted By: julf
How about every other year in cambridge, every other in some other country (assuming we find volunteer organizers, of course)?

Can we include countries in North America every once in a while? I'm really sick of not being able to attend because I can't really afford $1500 in travel expenses. Of course, you guys can't readily afford that any more than I can....

Given the size of the place could it not still be a problem to get everyone there?

I would be up for organizing it if a minimum of 10 people said they would come no matter what. Even with that small of a number, I can't see it happening.

The core European empeg community is so strong now that it's not even about empegs anymore. It's about seeing distant friends every year. The US empeg community doesn't know each other outside of this BBS. That, the declining number of users, and the size of the country spells disaster for a large US meet.

I can't even get more than two people to show up to a meet in the NY area! San Francisco is hardly any different. This meet was only my group of 3 and Hugo and his friend.