Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Yeah, they're, for some reason, making a live-action movie of Avatar: The Last Airbender, which they now can't call "Avatar", so it's just "The Last Airbender". I have no notion that it will be any good, though.

Huh. I didn't notice until just now that it's "written" and directed by M. Night Shama-lama-ding-dong. Maybe it will be good. (He's already got the story, and he's an excellent director, despite the story flaws in his last several movies.)

Oh boy you've gotten me started smile You can imagine, being the fan I am (it's my absolute favorite TV show of all time, if you can believe that), how concerned I am about that adaptation. I believe he is hoping to do a trilogy, but I suppose it depends on how well the first one does. From what I've read about his thoughts on his take on the story, my concerns haven't been eased. And don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty big fan. I LOVE Unbreakable, but I've had issues with his other "twist" films, and The Happening was the worst movie I've seen in theaters in the past five years (barely beating out The Whole Ten Yards).

I'm even only about 50/50 on the teaser trailer that's been out for some time now.

I think I have to prepare myself for something VERY different. There are simply things you can do in animation that you can't do in film, even with CG. I guess I'll just have to get myself ready for the film whenever it comes out. smile

Edited by Dignan (19/01/2010 20:34)