Bitt, every time you have posted in the past few days you've failed to acknowledge what I've actually written. You take snippets out of context and you've tried to twist what I mean and have been saying all along. Further, you refer back to the link I posted, but show you've either not read the article or for some other reason want to misrepresent what it says.

Apple does have tools to identify private API calls BTW. What does that have to do with this discussion?

I've already stated more times than I can count that I do not agree with what Apple is doing with its licensing agreement. Why have you been trying to twist this around to say I'm apologizing for them? I've also already stated over and over (again) that I don't agree with how they've been handling the app approval process. Again, something you're trying to twist around. I think you're hell-bent on simply disagreeing with me, regardless of what I write. When it seems we're in agreement on some point, you try and tell me that I'm saying something different.

What pisses me off is Adobe and its employees acting with a smug air of entitlement that they deserve more than any other developer on that platform.

Had Google decided to not support Flash you'd have seen me support that decision. If Google had been running an app approval process with developer licensing agreements similar to Apple's, you'd have seen me criticize them, as I have Apple.

If you don't care about the platform, then why do you care that its lack of Flash, run-time interpreters and cross-compiled code "limits competition and innovation?" It seems to me that there already exists tremendous amount of competition on the iPhone platform as well as innovation. More so than on any other mobile platform to date in fact.

I'll ask again, why isn't there a huge uproar over the lack of Flash on every other mobile platform? Where are all the innovative interpreted and cross-compiled applications for other platforms? How are they defining and making those platforms the top of their classes?

At the end of the day, you know who will care about this? The people who enjoy debating it in the forums. 90+ percent of the iPhone buying public won't give a rat's ass and 90% of those people won't even know about this whole issue.

For the record, my opinion is:

Lack of Flash on iPhone: Good.
4.0 SDK licensing agreement: Bad.
Apple App approval process: Bad.