Originally Posted By: andy

Bitt didn't say that Hulu wouldn't come to iPhoneOS, he said that they were unlikely to be able to move to HTML5 as it makes it hard/impossible for them to restrict distribution of the content.

True enough. Harder it may be, because they'd have to come up with something new. Not however impossible. Likewise, serving up their video wrapped in Flash doesn't make it copy-proof either. Far from.

I can appreciate Hulu trying to keep content owners happy, but they must know that's a false security. TV episodes can be downloaded the same night they air, or earlier, elsewhere. In higher quality and at a faster rate. All that said, they'd be able to have much better security with their own software rather than relying on Flash through a browser. I don't however have any insight into what they're going to do with their own app.

I think the biggest concern for Hulu is what happens when they start charging for content? Much more significant than whether or not they'll move to serving video without Flash.