Originally Posted By: Ross Wellington
2) Both Left Front and Left Rear output 100 Ohm series current limiting resistors could be open (cracked or blown open - only mostly dead because it is intermittent). Look for blown or cracked 100 Ohm resistors on the board near the connector area.

Will look tonight -- I think I know where these are. (I'll post a pic later tonight, to confirm I'm looking at the right things.)

Quote:
3) The Front and Rear Sled Connector Ground pins (16 & 19) could be open or not connected. You should measure 1.2k from pins 16 & 19 to the Player Chassis. You should also be able to see 2.4k from pin 16 to pin 19.[quote]
Will check this tonight, too.

[quote]4) You do have the correct pins connected on the Sled Connector, right?

Yes. The install was working just fine. This is something that cropped up maybe three or four months ago.

Quote:
I had to ask for completeness...

Naturally. smile

Quote:
Often amplifers and head units have blown grounds internal to the units because of poor ground selection during installation. The "ground" from the head unit to the amplifier can be completed through the RCA connectors and cable if a poor ground on either the head unit or amplifier is not robust. This means a very good ground is neccessary at the Power Amplifier(s) - that's where the majority of the current is - so that the ground currents prefer that path (lower DC Resistance in this case), instead of through the head unit ground wire to chassis/battery connection.

This will take a bit longer to check, but is a good idea. There was something wonky with the way the original installer did the wiring for the sled and tuner.