Has anyone else seen it yet? If not, I highly recommend it. It's certainly a very quirky film (based on a very quirky comic), but I think it's a unique film experience and one worth seeing. There are some slow points, and it takes the story a while to really kick in, but that's intentional (and wonderfully built up in the comic).

I'm really hoping this one will do well at the box office (I fear the opening weekend was a little on the weak side), so I'm trying to get the word out. As far as comic book movies go, this one is at the top of the heap. And as far as visual experiences go, I honestly don't think I've ever seen a movie like this.

Add to all that:

The acting is great: at first glance Michael Cera is playing his usual schtick, but it's not quite the same, which I was happy to see because I was worried that he couldn't capture the character from the comic. Other than him, the performances were pitch-perfect (at least in portraying their comic book counterparts). Everyone played their characters just right, and made the translation from page to film.

One thing I was happy to see after watching The Expendables the night before was the top-notch fight choreography. Yes, I'm saying that, IMO, this weekend a movie with Michael Cera and Jason Schwartzman had better fight scenes than one with Jet Li, Sylvester Stallone, and Jason Statham. It amazes me. But when I came out of the Expendables the thing that disappointed me the most was how the fighting was shot. It was done with the current action movie trend of the last five years or so of filming everything up-close with quick cuts. It just didn't work, especially considering the scenes in tight quarters where everyone is wearing black and face paint, so most of the time I couldn't tell which guy was which.

In Scott Pilgrim, however, almost all the action shots were backed out, at a reasonable distance. Sure, it frequently looked like they were acting out a preset sequence, but personally I'd rather have that then not be able to tell what's going on.

So in case you couldn't tell, I loved the movie. I'm sure some people won't, but I loved it. I loved the comic too, and Edgar Wright (who has yet to do wrong in my book) is a genius. I didn't know how this book was going to translate into a film, but he did it better than anyone possibly could. Bravo to that man.